Wednesday, August 08, 2007

So much I want to do

As I can now get to the back of the property relatively easily, I can now see the potential there. There are beautiful native trees and bushes, choked by an overgrowth of brambles and vines and wild (or feral?) roses. It has to be cleared by hand, disentangling everything, freeing the "good" from the "weeds"--and without violating the wetlands rules. Some leaves on one of the trees are already turning a brilliant, violent red. I don't know what the tree is. I have to find out.

I have to cover the pathways that Jose cut for me--bare weedblock fabric can't stay in place by itself, the sun will damage it. I want to make wooden pathways from the old deck when it's removed, but the removal and rebuilding is apparently delayed, again (blame it on the thunderstorms???) I can order woodchip in bulk and use that. Need to buy a wheelbarrow, left the old one, broken, in Sacramento. Need to buy some wellies. Green or black, not pink like Karli's. Or maybe red. I could do red wellies. That would be cool.

How big a heap of woodchip is 20 cubic yards??? That's the smallest they will deliver.

It was raining gently during the night, then around 7 a.m. the thunderstorm started. Lots of rain. The road is a river again. Grey skies, soft.

I have been reading Monty Don again. The man is an inspiration. Just because someone is on television--a celebrity?--doesn't mean they don't have their own challenges and heartbreaks.

Go garden. It is a healing process.

No comments: