Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Darn that pond... (but darning isn't watertight either)

So I was away just over a week. I made sure there was plenty of water in the pond before I left, in case there was a severe freeze, so that the fish had a good depth to hide in.

Went and checked an hour ago... and there was only a couple of feet left. If that. Either the fish were extremely thirsty, or we had many days of very strong, drying winds, or a big freeze and thaw have re-split the cracks that I thought I'd fixed.

It is becoming a really expensive pain-in-the-neck. It would cost a fortune to have it lined properly. It's already cost a fortune in new pumps/filters/cleaning/fixing/etc. etc. etc.

Maybe I should find the fish new homes and cover it all with a deck. But then I'd need to do something to make sure it doesn't fill up with rainwater and mosquitos and more mosquitos.

Am in need of some inspiration here...

No comments: