Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Maggie Palin???

I spent all weekend (well, moments of the weekend) wondering what it was about Sarah Palin, the Republican candidate for vice-president, that I did not like. It had nothing to do with her politics--I have no idea what they really are (and that wasn't the problem either). It had nothing to do with her family situation--that has nothing to do with anything. It has nothing really to do with it appearing to be a dumb idea to pull Hilary supporters from the Democrats (if they are voting on gender not policy, they don't deserve to be voting).

Couldn't work it out. Just an instant dislike.
This morning, it clicked.

SHE STANDS JUST LIKE MARGARET THATCHER. That little hunch, head forward.

For me, that is enough to trigger "I don't like you" thoughts about a conservative politician who just happens to be female.

No comments: