Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mastic Beach has a baker's shop!

Lots and lots of fresh bread, in real loaf shapes.

The shop is right next to Paradise (ice cream) on Neighborhood Road. I hope it does really well!

I can't eat bread because I have to eat a gluten-free diet. That does not stop me wishing for a fresh baguette, or a hunk of English cottage loaf with lots of farmhouse cheddar and a little real butter... or Italian bread dipped into olive oil... or middle-eastern bread with that salty, sage and sesame powder whose name escapes me... zatar, that's it, you can buy it on the streets of Old Jerusalem, by King David's Gate; fresh bread and a twist of zatar to dip it in.

One day I will find a gluten-free bread that tastes just like that. One day. Maybe..

1 comment:

MJ said...

I went there yesterday and had a pretty yummy panino.