Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another week...

... and it seems to have zipped by. Long working hours, early mornings and late evenings, plus two trips to Montauk-and-back, didn't see the monster, didn't look for it. Poor thing. Did see its photo in a shop window.

It keeps raining. The sun shines, too, but I seem to mistime my outings away from the computer. Either that or the mosquitos. I refuse to wear Deet every day, but the darn things don't seem bothered by anything milder, or they find that one spot that you missed. One got me on the eyelid yesterday. Can't really thump yourself in the eye and splat it like when they land on your arm or leg. Darn things. Bought some mosquito fish from the pond, and I'm sure they are doing their very best, but there were only five of them and they are very very small.

But the martens are looking very well-fed and smug. They are lined up on the wires every evening, waiting for dinner.

No comments: