Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rediscovering yellow

The last few years my gardens have always been blue, lavender, purple, pink, red, white... this year, the garden has decided it wants yellow. And orange. But mostly yellow.

Black-eyed susans (the daisy-like black-eyed susans) have appeared beneath the sunflowers. I don't know where they came from. I am sure I didn't plant them. And they were not there last year, I'm sure! They are very cheerful. And the smaller sunflowers (those I did plant, I remember that!) are very yellow too. And some of the perennials that were already established in the borders: yellow. All of them.

And they look good.

You have to listen when your garden tells you something.

1 comment:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello!

It looks like you have a paradise on earth. Fantastic!

Have a good day!