Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Poppies, lupins foxgloves and lilies-of-the-valley

They all arrived in a cardboad box, desperately in need of planting. I was not ready. The borders have not been prepared. So I have planted them in little gaps in the raised garden border, hoping I'll remember where they are, hoping they will root and flourish there in the sandy soil--and then I will replant them later when they are stronger.

So:

- Lily-of-the-valley are in front of the pond
- Three foxglove plants at the rear of the left-hand border, near the small box
- Lupins are in the old herb garden mixed in with the purple cone flowers
- Various oriental poppies (Turkulis, Laurens Lilac, Royal Wedding, Queen Alexander, Prince of Orange and Brilliant Red) are mostly in the right-hand border, and in the front right corner, but also one in the right corner near the pond and a couple in front of the pond.

I hope I recognise them when they grow leaves!

No comments: