Monday, October 08, 2007

Painting painting painting

I have started painting the hall. It's a shade from Behr called Wanderer. I alternate between calling it Duck Poo or Slime. It's really really different. One coat of tinted primer, plus two coats of paint so far, and it's still a little streaky, especially in the corners where the roller can't get (but where it can scrape the previously-painted wall). One more coat should do it (famous last words...) It's the back wall of the entry hall, so what you'll see when walking in is this startling colour plus a bright white pillar at the bottom of the stairs.

I gave in and called a painter to help with the "great room". After looking at the height of the ceiling, and the seven little windows that are impossible to reach from my step ladder, and all the other painting I have to do, and all the furniture and stuff still stuck in bedrooms and bathrooms, I decided that the credit card could handle another 1000$ . And so by tomorrow evening, all the floors, ceiling and window trims will be done. Then all I have left to do is paint the doors, buy the skirting board and door trims and install and paint them, and rearrange the furniture.

It feels good :-)

No comments: