Thursday, March 25, 2010

Iris and the hockey fans

I was in the city last night--invited to attend the Catalyst awards and dinner, along with nine other women from HP. It was at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel and I really enjoyed the history of the place. There's a museum-type display close to the (huge) reception area, well worth a look!

The streets outside the hotel were not moving, traffic glue, at 9 p.m., so I walked back to Penn Station... which was full of drunken ice-hockey fans (in case you didn't know, the Islanders lost 5-0, everyone within a few miles must have heard). Good place to escape was KMart (where else is there a major store inside a railway station?) as I had 45 minutes before the sleepy train home.

Came out with:

- three Iris germanica "Loop the Loop"
- california poppy seeds
- two sorts of morning glory seeds
- "old mexico" zinnia seeds
- mexican sunflower (Tichonia rotundifolia) seeds.

Then I arrived home and found my order from Brecks for two more beautiful blue Iris sibirica "Blue King" had arrived too!

Now I just have to find time to plant them all.

No comments: