Friday, October 31, 2008

Mastoids?

I hear that people from this area--Mastic, Mastic Beach and Shirley--are sometimes called "Mastoids" by people who don't know us very well.

However... today I went to Home Depot, and to King Kullen, and a few other places.

In Home Depot, I was asked if I needed help by a woman with red horns growing out of her head.

A bearded woman checked me out, at the same time as she was shouting for the witch to come and help her.

I found the witch; she was over the road, working the register in Rite-Aid, while outside Rite-Aid and King Kullen, a horde of teenage mutants were hanging out.

Neighborhood Road was full of giant butterflies, fairies, witches and a horse with two heads: its own, and a pretty little girl's.

Mastoids?

No... it's just Hallowe'en.

Have fun everyone!

1 comment:

Mr. Lentini said...

the terrible thing is the mastoids are quite prevalant at pathmark even out of season